but the last few nights the thunderstorms here have made me feel like I'm back in Kansas! I didn't realize how spoiled we were in Chicago without a front coming through and causing nighttime thunderstorms with plenty of wind, lightning, and thunder for a few days each week. Now, I'm not saying we didn't have thunderstorms in Chicago (especially if you ask our friend who still lives there and had all of her electronics blown out after a tree fell on the powerline in the alley behind her apartment), but the weather patterns here take me back to the weather I experienced while I was growing up in Kansas.
Thursday, August 31, 2006
We're Not In Kansas Anymore...
but the last few nights the thunderstorms here have made me feel like I'm back in Kansas! I didn't realize how spoiled we were in Chicago without a front coming through and causing nighttime thunderstorms with plenty of wind, lightning, and thunder for a few days each week. Now, I'm not saying we didn't have thunderstorms in Chicago (especially if you ask our friend who still lives there and had all of her electronics blown out after a tree fell on the powerline in the alley behind her apartment), but the weather patterns here take me back to the weather I experienced while I was growing up in Kansas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment