Monday, November 13, 2006
Jelly First
Since I don't want to talk about the depressing game that we attended in Jacksonville this weekend, my random advice for the day is when making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, first spread the jelly on one piece of the sandwich bread before you spread the other piece with peanut butter. Maybe the rest of the world was already aware of this concept, but I have recently figured it out and thought I would share it with all of you. I even have reasoning behind it: if you spread the jelly first, you can easily wipe the jelly off of the knife onto the other currently empty half of the sandwich (where the peanut butter will go but has not yet gone). You can then use a "clean" knife to access the peanut butter for the other half of the sandwich. If you spread the peanut butter first, you will end up with peanut butter in your jelly jar. This may have happened in our house, but I'm not naming names. The "jelly first" technique prevents either cross-contamination of the jelly and/or use of multiple knives. Deep thoughts...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment