Monday, February 16, 2009

Waitin'

Not much new going on here. We are pretty much just hanging out and having fun normal days. Last week Alison worked 2 days and we had a visitor again this weekend who forced us to play lots of MarioKart on the Wii. We also had a lovely Valentine's Day of brunch and dinner with family.
In other news, Madeline is seriously considering walking very soon! The process is much more gradual than society had led me to believe. She has probably taken two steps in a row twice that we know of at this point. We are trying to document what we can, but we don't have anything worth posting yet. I am totally facinated by watching her learn to walk. I should post a video of how she likes to walk across the room behind her musical car toy and then when she can't go any further because she is up against the wall (or couch, etc.), she walks around to the other end of the car and pushes it back across the room. I love it!
She will also always play peek-a-boo, though I think she prefers to be in control of the game, so she will play by holding something up to her face to hide behind (such as a blanket) and then drop it down so that you can say "boo!" or she will squat down behind the couch or ottoman and then "pop up" so that you can say "boo!" Also adorable, but I do not have video of that either!
Since I don't have any videos of these events to post, I will post a recent drooly (still no teeth) close up picture of Madeline.


I have many pictures like this one because whenever she sees that I have an electronic device, she makes a beeline for me or it - also one of the reasons why we don't have any videos to post. She gets distracted from doing what we are trying to document, so we are going to need to learn secret stealth filming techniques to document events now.

No comments: