Friday, January 22, 2010
Toddler Bed!
This week Madeline has been transitioning to a toddler bed! The side of her crib comes off and can be replaced by a toddler bed rail (as you can see in the picture below). We also have a sleeping mat next to her bed that we sit on to read books and lay down with her when she is getting ready to go to sleep. This week she has slowly been warming up to sleeping in the toddler bed. When we had play group here on Monday, the kids were all crawling in and out of the bed, which I think helped her get more comfortable with it. She also likes to get into it during the day and pretend to go "night-night." And each night when we are reading books and getting ready for bed, she spends more and more time in the bed instead of on the mat. I think she likes that she has a choice of being in the bed or not. I expect there will be more to this transition, but last night after I left the room, she crawled into the bed on her own and fell asleep in the bed! A few times in the middle of the night she rolled around so that her feet fell out of the bed and she was still asleep with the lower half of her body hanging out of the bed. It was kind of sad and cute at the same time. One time she woke up enough that she stood up and started wandering around the room crying like she couldn't figure out where she was and was still mostly asleep...also sad and cute at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Transition is so bittersweet :)
BTW - where's you best rss feed ever?!?
I'm still trying to figure out RSS feeds too...I'm sure I would love them if I could figure them out!
Post a Comment