Hello again! We now have reconnected to the real world via the internet! As a side story about having the internet and a bit of advice as I become a seasoned veteran of the whole new house thing...if you are going to set up a DSL modem, make sure that you plug the modem into a live phone jack. Just a tip from my experience recently - DSL service has been available since 9/15 here, but I had the DSL modem plugged into a dead phone jack...yeah, it only took me two weeks to figure that out! I'm quick!
We also had new appliances put in this week, but upon removal of the old appliances, we found pipes and things that needed to be repaired before the new appliances can be installed. Gotta love that! Anyway, I got a recommendation from Ma Coupe's knitting group for a good plumber. When he arrived at the door I felt like I was in an episode of Desperate Housewives...not the one where you think you are going to be murdered, but the one with the gardener and a little bit of Mark McGwire (in his prime homerun hitting days). I wish I had the courage to take a picture, but I couldn't think of a good excuse...anyway, he even took off his shirt to reveal only a tight, white undershirt when he did the work. Then, after removing the old piping, while he stood there talking to me, he bent the pipes with his bare hands...I swear, it was like I was in a movie or something! He was not the stereotypical plumber with the crack in the back...he was at the other end of the spectrum...now I know why this plumber came so highly recommended from the knitting ladies!
No comments:
Post a Comment