I haven't really discussed fantasy football much yet, but I thought I would write a little about it today. Therefore, this post won't be so exciting for people who don't understand fantasy football, so sorry for that. We have a league with only 4 people (Alison, Andy, Robert, Pa Coupe), so we have ridiculously loaded teams. For example here is my starting team for this week:
QB Peyton Manning
WR Chad Johnson
WR Steve Smith
WR Muhsin Muhammad
RB Corey Dillon
RB Willie Parker
TE Jeremy Shockey
W/T Roy Williams
K Jason Elam
DEF Chicago
and here's who I'm playing (Andy's team):
QB Drew Brees
WR Terrell Owens
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Javon Walker
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Steven Jackson
TE Kellen Winslow
W/T Reggie Williams
K Josh Scobee
DEF Kansas City
and considering those rosters, I am benching Carson Palmer and Andy is benching Tom Brady...so we have crazy amounts of talent on our teams. I know all fantasy leagues score differently, but our games are consistantly in the 80s. Note that we are not one of those "feel good leagues" - we penalize the crap out of each other with negative points. For example, Pa Coupe played Rex Grossman the week that the Bears played Arizona. Instead of one of those feel good "zeroes" that he would have gotten in other leagues, he earned a whopping -12.47. This was particularly ironic given that Pa Coupe had a nine point LEAD going into the game and I had Chicago's defense. The only way I had a chance was for the Bears to score defensive touchdowns and for Rex to crap his pants. Both somehow happened, and Rex Grossman is now a verb in our family (Don't pull a Grossman).
As a side note, Andy is pretty upset that Culpepper has not been playing. He was secretly hoping that Culpepper was going to have a -20 point game at least once this season.
No comments:
Post a Comment