This boo-boo is not her only one in the last week or two - lately she has been a bit more accident prone because she believes that she can run, can walk down steps on her own, has adult coordination, and is generally invincible - from my observations, this mind-set seems pretty common at this age, or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Today at play group she bumped her chin hard enough that she bit her tongue (with her new teeth) and made it bleed :( She's a tough girl though - she only cried for maybe 2 minutes for that one. Growing up can be tough, but she's tougher!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Boo-boo
About a week ago, Madeline got her first quality boo-boo while attempting to "run" on the concrete path leading up to our front door. She's still wobbly while "running" and, therefore, ended up with a boo-boo on her knee. I attempted to document the boo-boo while it was still fresh (sorry, that sounds ickier than it should have) and here are the two pictures I got:
Notice that I have a death grip on her leg while I was laying on the kitchen floor attempting to get the picture. Needless to say, I gave up after those two photo attempts. She obviously wasn't too bothered by the cut and had only cried for a minute when it happened, so we went on with our day.
This boo-boo is not her only one in the last week or two - lately she has been a bit more accident prone because she believes that she can run, can walk down steps on her own, has adult coordination, and is generally invincible - from my observations, this mind-set seems pretty common at this age, or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Today at play group she bumped her chin hard enough that she bit her tongue (with her new teeth) and made it bleed :( She's a tough girl though - she only cried for maybe 2 minutes for that one. Growing up can be tough, but she's tougher!
This boo-boo is not her only one in the last week or two - lately she has been a bit more accident prone because she believes that she can run, can walk down steps on her own, has adult coordination, and is generally invincible - from my observations, this mind-set seems pretty common at this age, or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Today at play group she bumped her chin hard enough that she bit her tongue (with her new teeth) and made it bleed :( She's a tough girl though - she only cried for maybe 2 minutes for that one. Growing up can be tough, but she's tougher!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment