In addition to spending a fun morning with Dad while Mom was running in the Peachtree Road Race, Madeline took a good nap and therefore qualified for staying up to watch fireworks for the first time this year. I have never been to the fireworks nearby, so we met up with some neighbors.
We started with some sparklers and snap pops in their driveway.
Then walked over to the golf course and put out the blanket to wait for the big show. Can you tell Madeline (with her friend Alex) is getting excited!?
And then the fireworks started and I think I might have been more entertained by watching Madeline watch the fireworks - the look of awe and amazement! A fun evening and a fun day!
PS - yes, I am that parent who got her kids noise canceling (hunting) ear muffs. I loved fireworks but didn't like the noise as a kid, so I thought we would ease her in to the loud noises...Gwyneth Paltrow uses them on her kids at Coldplay concerts so I'm just trying to be cool like Gwyneth.



No comments:
Post a Comment